Saturday, January 1, 2011

SSMT #1

I am so excited for the SSMT to be starting up again. In case you want to join in check out these instructions: http://blog.lproof.org/2010/12/siesta-scripture-memory-instructions.html

This was such a blast to do two years ago and I am looking forward to doing it again this year. I have been thinking about what I wanted my first verse for the year to be. I wanted something that would set the tone for the year for me. I was perusing another blog I read and this verse was the topic she was writing on :

Habakkuk 2:3 (NIV)

For the revelation awaits an appointed time;

it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay.

This verse speaks volumes to me. I did a bible study a few years ago and this chapter was the focus of the study. There are many things on my heart that I have been praying for and will continue to pray for in the upcoming year. Things I don't need to give up on praying about. This verse reminds me God has a plan and I must wait for it. There will be a perfect time for the revelation He has for me and I don't want to miss it - I want to wait for it -  for it will certainly come!!! What a gracious God we have. His timing and not mine.

New Year Blessings,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love that I am seeing things answered lately that I have been praying for (and given up on praying for) for years. What a wonderful truth that His timing is perfect. The timing of His revelation to us about our prayers is perfect even though we may not think so at the time. When we wait upon Him it always works out - too bad that silly little flesh gets in the way; that and Satan to discourage us. Thank you for the beautiful post and the link. "Look to the Lord and His strength, seek His face always." Psalm 105:4 NIV. That's my verse to start with!

    Happy New Year!
    Maurya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about doing this together this year!!! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete