Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Grandboy Peeps


This past weekend was filled with what I love more than anything - my grand boys. We celebrated Graham's second birthday on Saturday with a big ole John Deere tractor themed party. If you know anything about this precious one it is this - HE LOVES HIM SOME TRACTORS!!!! He ate cupcakes and jumped in the jumpy thing (I am sure there is a more technical name) and played in the dirt. Ahhhhh - it is good to be a boy. We were so thrilled to get to take Connor home with us after the party. We had not seen him since Christmas and we were about to burst to get our hands on him. Then on Sunday our whole family congregated to our parents house to celebrate my niece's birthday with of all things - pony rides. My two boys were euphoric all weekend. 

"Bring on the cupcakes!"

"Man, I love icing."

"This jumpy thing even has a slide - My parents rock!!!"

"A lot of people say I look like my dad and that we make the same faces. I don't know - what do you think?"

"GiGi, when is it MY turn to ride the pony? I am ready. Make them hurry."

"I feel as though I am channeling Roy Rogers. Don't have a clue who that is but I feel it! I bet if they would let me out of this pen my pony and I would fly like the wind!!!"

"PawPaw look at Connor. Hey Connor. I want on that pony real bad."

"See, I am just as big as everybody else. Dude, don't hold on to me - I got this."

"Well, okay maybe PawPaw can stand close - just in case. It will make my Momma happy. Look at me though - I AM THE MAN."

"I don't really understand why the grownups won't let me drive this by myself. I will just hang off of it like a monkey until someone notices and decides to give me a ride."

"I think me and my cousin Nonnor are the stuff. Look at us.We are some cool dudes sitting on top of this hay bale. I can tell by looking at my GiGi that she is saying - 'They are darling'. She loves us."

"I need wheels man. Why won't this key turn this bad boy on? I could sit here for hours if they would let me. But they won't."

"Aunt Bana, Graham is sitting on a 4-wheeler please let me sit on yours. Please, Please Please."

"Uncle Josh has wheels. Score!"

"PawPaw, I am through playing all this little stuff. Let's get the big boy toy out. You know you want to. Look I even dressed for it. If we're gonna do it, let's DO IT!"

"Bye GiGi! We are leaving with PawPaw. Look at us! We are the coolest ever!"

And there you have the end to the perfect weekend. Two boys riding off into the sunset with their PawPaw on their tractor. Life just doesn't get any better!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! It was a great weekend. Graham had so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again we are celebrating birthdays at the same time! Yesterday was the fifth birthday of my fifth child, on the 5th of March.

    Praying in the gap with you...
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Ya gotta love boys.

    ReplyDelete