Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ode to the Birthday Girl

Happy 14th Birthday Sweet Baby Girl!!!!

Savannah,
I cannot believe you are 14 today. No longer a little girl but a young lady. I had all these baby pics to put up of you but couldn't get all computers to cooperate. Maybe next year. I will always look at you though and see my blue-eyed, blonde haired little girl that told me all the time that Daddy was going to be your "pusband". It has been quite an adjustment for you growing up as the baby in a house filled with six of us to now being only you, Daddy and me. You sure love your brothers and sister. But with their absence you have gained a new sister and two nephews who adore you. There a few things I want to tell you today. You inspire and motivate me every day to be a better momma and a better person. As I pray for various things over your life, God reminds me I have to set the example. If I want you to be a confident, creative, faith-filled woman, you need to see me claiming those same things for myself. Over the years the things I desire for you have changed. More than any financial success or educational degrees I hope you will choose to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and walk in victory. Not that when you make that choice does it assure you an easy and perfect life, but it does assure you a wonderful blessed life knowing you are walking with God and in relationship with Him. Decide now to realize He who is in us has already overcome the world. Don't be as stubborn as your old momma. Look to your grandmothers for advice on how to live and trust God. They all love you so much and are always available to you. Also remember that when you think the world is not treating you fairly or Satan is giving you an opportunity to get down on yourself that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and you are a princess in God's kingdom!



You are so fun. You make Daddy and me laugh so hard with all your entertaining stories. I know our time with you as a regular fixture in this house is getting shorter and shorter. I won't take a second of it for granted. You are such a kind hearted young person and we are amazed at your sweetness. We really do think that most of the time you get the fact that everything is not all about you. That is a rare quality in most your age. To live a life that puts others first is to truly understand what Christ-like humility is. You are beautiful Savannah, on the inside and out. Daddy and I are so proud and humbled that God chose us to be your parents. I hope your day is everything you hope it will be and just know that you are on my mind every second of today just as you were fourteen years ago.



I love you very much!


Momma



4 comments:

  1. Tears, tears, tears. Belle's 3rd birthday is right around the corner and right now she's in the marrying Daddy phase just like Savannah was. It passes all too quickly...

    Savannah is looking more and more like you. She got your fabulous hair for sure!

    I love watching you mother (and grandmother). I'm so blessed to have your continued influence in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Savannah!! We love you!! Sad we won't see you tonight. Guess you'll have to have another birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete