Monday, March 1, 2010

Standing Firm

I am sick of the cold. Sick of the rain. Sick of the sicknesses going around. Come quickly springtime! It was a beautiful weekend and made me so ready for the signs of spring to hasten but I awoke this morning in disbelief that is already March 1 and it was rainy AND cold. What a yucky way to start the week. Hopefully today will be the only rainy day.
We had Graham's first birthday party this past Saturday and it was a blast. Go visit http://fearfullyandwonderfullymade.blogspot.com/ to see all the pics. Laura did a great job and she and Jeremy were such wonderful and gracious hosts. They had a house full and I know they were ready to relax after everyone left.
Today is March 1st so you know what that means! Memory verse time. Here it is:

Isaiah 7:9b
"If you do not stand firm in your faith you will not stand at all."

Quite fitting with Vicki Courtney's post today. Go check it out: http://vickicourtney.com/. Unbelievable. Vicki always hits things head on and that is part of what I love about her. Her books are terrific and I love the way she never minces words. We as parents have a voice and many times we do not use it. I have been so burdened lately with many things going on around me with young girls. The way I have seen many of them dress, their lack of modesty in an attempt to be "sexy" at 13!!!!! Things that they take pictures of and think it is okay. Things that they do and think that it is okay. We have one child left at home. She is almost 14 years old and the way the culture has changed in just the past 6-7 years since we were raising our older children is so drastic. Some days I just want to crawl in a hole because I feel so defeated. But then I read my verse that I have chosen and I am reminded that I am not a parent in this generation by accident. The way the world is may shock us but it is no surprise to our God. He knew how things would get way before the foundations of the world were laid. He also knew what He was doing when he planned my time on this earth on His kingdom calendar. I do have a voice and that voice knows Truth. Shame on me if I sit back and don't speak up. I pray with a heavy heart for our young people but I better make sure my actions are in line with my beliefs and stand up for what I know is right and not waver. Stand Firm.
I cringe to think what things will be like when our grandchildren are teenagers and how much change will have taken place. I don't know what the world will be like, but this I do know: God is not changing. He is constant and that better be where I show my children and grandchildren my faith lies. In Him and His truth.
Stand up with me won't you?

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree!! Your memory verse is just what I needed to be reminded of today. It is very sad to see what young girls do to try to get noticed. But you are right Jesus is is same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I pray for Savannah that she will fix her eyes on Him and not things of the world. It seems people have no fear of the Lord anymore. I'll stand up with you in prayer for our children. Get under our feet Satan!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. Long time no see :-). Melissa told me about your blog via email today. I keep up with her and Jennifer on Facebook. I love your blog. You've inspired me to start one (or to actually put on a blog what I've been journaling for a while). Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hope you are well. You look gorgeous and have such a beautiful family. I absolutely love "Gigi". I plan on being "Mimi" but MANY MANY years from now haha.

    mauryatyler@bellsouth.net is my email address if you have time I'd love to catch up.

    Blessings,
    Maurya

    ReplyDelete