Sunday, May 29, 2011

Transformations

Well. Summer is here!!!! Our business has been without much work all year long. I joked with my husband and said, "You wait, as soon as it gets close to school being over for me - work will come." And come it has- like a freight train. I was excited at first but then the day after my last day of school I was headed to where our summer work will take us. An hour and forty-five minutes away. That makes for a long day.And it will not be over when I return to school in August. So...... I had a pity party. In the wake of Joplin, MO and Oklahoma sounds quite petty doesn't it? Well it sounds petty because it is. And this morning in my quiet time my Lord and I had a come to Jesus meeting! My study directed me to the Parable of the Sower in Luke 8. I am sure you are familiar but if not here is a condensed version :
A farmer goes out and sows his seed (God's word). As he was scattering the seed:
1. Some fell along the path and the birds ate it -Those along the path are the ones who hear, but then the devil comes and takes away the word so they may not be saved.
2. Some fell on a rock and when it came up the plants withered because they had no moisture - Jesus said those on the rock are the ones who receive the Word with joy but they have no root. They believe for awhile but in the time of testing they fall away.
3. Some seed fell among the thorns which grew up and choked the plant. - These stand for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches, pleasures and they do not mature.
4. Some seed fell on good soil and when it came up it yielded a crop a hundred times more than was sown. - This stands for those with a noble heart who hear the Word, retain it and by PERSEVERING produce a crop.

I want to persevere, not fall away and not be choked with life's issues. I know this sounds trivial to many in the wake of what others are going through, but for me it has been a lesson to be learned. Life won't always go according to my plan. It won't always work according to my time table. But, my God will work His plan and on His time table. He also answers prayer. Thank you Lord.

Since we are talking about soil, some interesting transformations have taken placed I would like to share. Remember on spring break when we plowed our SMALL garden?


Here it is now!!!!!!!!!!





We are so proud. Worn out, but proud! We worked yesterday all day long. I am so sore today but it is good for me. Don't want to get idle. After weeding for several hours, Daughter-in-love and picked some bounty! Here are some more transformations of the yummy kind! Our crookneck and patty pan squash:
Fried up so nice!!!!

We planted 79 tomato plants. No, that is not a typo. 79. SEVENTY-NINE. What can I say? We like tomatoes. So we picked some green ones:

And fried them up a' la Paula Deen style!

Yes I am very aware that if I fry everything in the garden a transformation will take place with me as well! So, with all this zucchini:

I sauteed onion, bell pepper (also from the garden), baby bella mushrooms and put some Italian dressing mix, tomato sauce and loads of cheese and baked it in the oven YUMMY! 


I am so glad vegetables are healthy and good for you.
So much to be thankful for. The one I am most thankful for is a God who loves me and reminds me when I need it how He will transform me if I will let Him.Lord, help me to persevere and reap the harvest that produces a crop a hundred fold more than was sown.

Blessings,
Michelle

1 comment: