Sunday, May 15, 2011

SSMT# 10!!!!

James 1:26 (NIV)
"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless."

I was all prepared with another scripture. I even had it written down in my spiral. Then I was doing my bible study and this jumped out at me. You know, as though God was trying to tell me something with just falling short of hitting me square in the forehead. Sometimes the things He has for me to recognize are painful. Yet I am thankful that He loves me enough to prompt me to look at myself and change those things that aren't in line with His precepts. I constantly ask God to give my children wisdom and discernment, good sense and a heart that loves Him above all else. I also ask that I have the courage to believe and claim all those things for myself as well. I would be devastated if my own children found my religion "worthless" because my theology wasn't in line with my reality. May they see and know He is good, faithful and His word is life to us all.
Hope you have a blessed week!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment