Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do you hear what I hear?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did. My mama and I took a girls shopping trip to Jackson, MS, just the two of us! We had great fun finishing up our Christmas shopping. I have had myself holed up away from sweet man and baby girl trying to wrap presents for the last few hours! Whew that is a job!! Does anybody besides me shout for joy to the person that invented gift bags??? However, my husband likes everything wrapped as he loves to watch everyone open their gifts and he feels gift bags are anti-climactic. So.... I have to make sure there is a good mix. Compromise - it is what makes a marriage work. :)
While wrapping my gifts I did one of my favorite seasonal things - Listen to my Christmas music!!!! I thought it would be fun to hear what everyones all time favorites are. I love me some traditional Christmas carols - O Holy Night is probably my favorite - however, I do have a few tunes that get me in my core. You know what I mean - ones I have to play so loud it is rocking the windows and I play them over and over. Baby girl is embarrassed to pull into the parking lot at school with me every morning! Here is my list of must haves right now:

"Little Drummer Boy" - Josh Groban - my goodness the orchestration of this causes me to pretend I am a cymbal player, orchestra conductor and a drummer boy. All while I am supposed to be driving. No wonder I cause my children dismay.
" It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" - Again Josh Groban - the beauty of this song is amazing. Simple, beautiful, heavenly.
"While you Were Sleeping" - Casting Crowns - I don't even know what to say about this one - If you have never heard it - find it and play it until you are brought to tears over a God that came into a world that made no room for Him who came to save us all.
"Jesus Saves" - Travis Cottrell - Have you ever heard a song that made you want to get saved all over again? This one is it for me. Play it and play it loud till your insides are vibrating. That is how much I love this song.

Now that you all think I am weirder than you suspected, tell me what you replay this Christmas season.

Christmas Blessings,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're weird. And those are all my favorite too!!!!

    ReplyDelete