Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feeding

Tonight is Bible study night with my girls. We love to feed on God's Word but we also love to just downright "FEED". Somehow we feel the caloric content of our food devoured while devouring the scriptures is null and void. Tonight daughter-in-love and I are bringing dessert (Be on the lookout for the launch of our cooking blog - Dishin' It Up!!). One of my very favorite summertime desserts is Berries and Bits. My baby sister made this for me several years ago and I think I sat in the corner with it refusing to share. That will not be sweet to do at Bible Study. But not beyond me. I got a fancy new camera for Mother's Day that I am still trying to figure out but I experimented today. Bear with it!
All the yummy ingredients. Tried to tame it down a little with fat free condensed milk and sugar free pudding.
Mixing the milk and white chocolate pudding.
The berries and bits!! I almost ate this and lied that I forgot to make dessert. But again - Bible Study and that would not be sweet.
I kept holding the camera way above my head to take this shot and the strap kept flapping in my face. My funny man came by and said,"Why don't you just put that on a lower surface?" Ugh! Can't you see that a professional will go to extreme measures to get the best shot possible? (I hate when he speaks the language of common sense) I forgot to layer the nilla wafers so I stuck them in the top. Hey maybe if I tell the peeps at bible study that I ruined dessert I can eat it all myself. Nah, after all this time they are on to me and my sly ways.
Super easy to make and absolutely delicious to eat. Here is the recipe:

1 (14oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 C Cold Water
1 (4 oz) instant white chocolate pudding mix
1 small Cool Whip
Vanilla Wafers
Fresh Berries- whatever you like - I love strawberries and blueberries
1 C Nestle Little Bits

In large Bowl, combine milk and water. Add pudding mix. Beat well. Chill for 5 minutes. Fold in cool whip. Layer pudding, wafers, berries and chips. Repeat. Chill thoroughly. Enjoy!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Loved the berries and Bits!!! Can't wait for the launch of our cooking blog :)

    ReplyDelete