Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ready to Receive

*****UPDATE:
God is faithful! I got my word - and it was good too!!!
***
Malachi 3:16
16 Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.

This is one of my favorite scriptures. It makes me think of my bible study peeps. Tonight is bible study and we are coming to the end of another study. I ADORE my bible study group and I always have a little extra skip in my step on bible study day. To read this scripture and think that the Lord is so delighted with our sharing about Him, to know that he listens, the KJV says He "hearkens". What a great word. It means to listen with attentiveness. I get so fired up thinking He listens and then to know that a scroll of remembrance is written about us in His presence is almost more than I can bear!! My heart is so full right now and I have been asking for a word and I think I just might get me one tonight!
Kay Arthur is giving the lesson and if you have ever heard her teach you know that lady can "bring it". I just want be a vessel that is ready to "receive it"!!
Blessings,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. What a great thought. To think that our Lord listens to us attentively when we gather together to study His word! I love it. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am missing y'all tonight!! I love you and I LOVE talking about the Lord with you :)

    ReplyDelete