Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's No Bake and Connor Helped!!

Watch out Emeril!!!!

We are having such a good time with Connor here. To be only two years old the boy eats like a 5 year old. So we are constantly having to rustle up something for him. Like any two year old cookies are always a big hit. He loves to help in the kitchen. Even when he was much younger he has a fascination with brooms, sweeping, and vacuuming. Which is working out well for me since my floors have not had any attention for some time. Anyway I thought it would be fun to make some No Bake cookies with Connor. This recipe has been around a long time and has been a favorite in my family forever. My little brother and I used to make them and eat the whole batch in one sitting. My kids loved them and now it looks like my daughter has passed that love on to Connor because he was all about making some cookies. Isn't he adorable in his little apron? He walks around the house yelling "BAM". Which is good as he has a fondness for yelling at times. He is all boy - when he is not in the kitchen with his Gigi making something real good. I am sure everyone has this recipe but just in case I am including it. Make a batch with someone you love, for someone you love or make them for yourself and enjoy every last one!

No-Bake Cookies
2 C. sugar
1/2 C milk
1/4 C. cocoa
1/4 c butter
Mix ingredients in a large saucepan and put on medium heat, stirring until it starts to boil. boil 1 minute, remove from heat and cool 1 minute. Add:
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
3 C. quick oats
1/2 C peanut butter
Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment