Monday, August 8, 2011

New Beginnings - Again!

Today is the day where teachers all over my parish gather for two days of inservice before our eager minds show up on Wednesday!!!! Where did the summer go? We ask that every year and they just go by faster and faster. This is an interesting time for me - I hate it. I love it. I hate that I won't be working side by side with my sweet man during the day anymore. I miss him when I go back to school. And the best part is- he misses me too. I love it because everything is new all over again when you are a teacher. New faces, new minds to mold (hopefully) and new opportunities.
I am crazy about being a teacher (remind me when I am posting that I am sick of them next week :) ). It is by far the most rewarding job I can imagine having and as I get older I have no doubt it is my calling. I don't know how long of a season it will be and I hope even after retiring I will teach in some capacity. I look forward to new relationships and bonds formed with students. So many have touched and changed my life in remarkable ways. They teach me as much as I teach them.
I also miss my teacher friends. We may go all summer without seeing each other but will slip right back into the comfortableness of our friendships as soon as we see each other today. I am looking forward to catching up.
So thankful this morning as I sat and had my quiet time that the Lord allows me to do something I love so very much. I don't take one second for granted.
Have a blessed Monday!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment