Friday, September 3, 2010

In Honor of his Birthday

Today is my sweet mans birthday! Happy Birthday Jon! His smile lights up my day.

In class yesterday I taught on the subject of Honor (medieval romance and the concept of honor among knights! Riveting to me, not so much for others!) As I thought about Jon's birthday and what I wanted to tell him, the word honor kept coming to mind. It is one of those words that is both a noun and a verb. You can honor (v) someone and also show honor (n) to someone. An abstract word that refers to respecting others and being a foundational concept in all human relationships. I always want Jon to know that I love him, but today I want him to know that not only do I love him, I also want to honor him. I want him to know he is extremely valuable in my eyes. I want him to know that who he is and what he says carries great weight with me. I want our children to see me honor him as well. He does so much for all of us. Me, our kids, our grand kids, our parents, our employees, our friends. He always makes me feel so special and spoils me relentlessly. Today I want him to be feel special and honored.
I love you with all my heart Jon. I honor you as my husband and thank God for that opportunity everyday.
Happy Birthday to my very Best Friend!


2 comments: