Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cades Cove

I am so frustrated this morning as I cannot get my pics to upload to my blog! ARGH!! Yesterday morning was amazing. We had rented our bikes the night before and left our cabin at about 5:45 am. Drove to Cades Cove and biked the whole 11 mile loop!! It was incredible. They close the loop to motorists on Wed. and Sat. morning so bikers and runners have it all to themselves. Yes there were many people running the 11 miles. Up and down those hills. The UT cross country team was there and they could run faster than I could bike! I prayed for the Lord to really show out for us yesterday morning and He did not disappoint. I got some of the most beautiful pictures (hence my frustration) of deer and turkey. It was gorgeous. I can't even describe what it was like to be in that cool mountain air and watch the cove "wake up". I loved it. Loved it.!!! One of my favorite things I have ever done. I will post pics when I get home. We took our time and finished in about 2 1/2 hours. Then we got in line with the other cars and drove the cove. I thought it would be fun to hike to this waterfall I had heard so much about. Round trip it was about 6 1/2 miles of mountain hiking. NOT FUN AFTER BIKING 11 MILES. I know I get overzealous and my man is so sweet he just indulges my whims. I think that time is over though. He said I am not allowed to plan any more day time activities. We were so tired last night, but I had the best day. I am so mad about the pictures not uploading because they are so good.
Today we are white water rafting and zip-lining!!! I will try with the pics again tonight. Have a blessed day and look for some beauty in your day today. I am reminded how God is such a creative God and His creation is so phenomenal. Admire it and thank Him for it.
God Bless!
Michelle

1 comment: