Friday, January 29, 2010

Unexpected Date



I had a day off from work today as I was going on an out of town shopping trip for the day - however the weather didn't cooperate so it was put on hold until tomorrow. But in spite of that disappointment I had a great day with my man. It is a rare moment we get to slow down and enjoy each other with our schedules being so hectic, but today we had the sweetest time just being with each other. We shared two pots of coffee (I know - we have caffeine issues, however we are much more pleasant with it than without it) while sharing some great conversation, got some things organized in our office and then he took me on a lunch date! We sure never get to do that with me being a teacher. However because I am a teacher I inhale my food because my lunch shift is short so I am always the first one done eating and just stare at him while he eats. I just tell him I am gazing lovingly into his eyes!

We have such a great friendship in spite of being married to each other. He is my very best friend and makes me laugh so hard. He even makes a shopping trip to Wal-Mart interesting.

God has blessed us so much more than I ever could have imagined in our marriage. We work hard at it and He has been so faithful with us. I am ever thankful for these sweet "dates" we get to have. Just sayin' girls - Go get yourself a date with your man!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all had a sweet date!! Love you both. Can't wait for Canton!!!

    ReplyDelete