Monday, January 18, 2010

Habits and memory verses

As the new year begins one of things that I do and I know others beside me do it as well is examine my habits and think about how I want to get rid of them. You know things like going to bed with my makeup on or eating too late in the evening. I also think about habits I want to acquire like exercising daily or managing my time a little better. Last year I worked on the habit of memorizing scripture, but this year I want to formulate a new kind of habit. One that will change my life, my day and even my attitude. Oh yes, my attitude that sometimes even at my age needs a little adjusting! I want the habit of praise in my life this year.
Psalm 34 1-3
"I will extol the Lord at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt His name together."

I foresee some challenging things ahead of me already for this 2010. Family things, work things, personal things. I want to enter them ahead of time singing my Lords praises. He is love and He is good - ALL the time. He deserves my praise and not just when I think He has done something in my life worthy of me praising Him. Nope, He deserves my praise, our praise for Who He is, not What He does.
I like many others can hardly stand to watch what is happening in Haiti for too long because I get overcome with a sick feeling in my stomach. Pain for all those people. Yet as the scenes continue to unfold and we see people flying over to help and donations being flown in we see the body of Christ at work whether these people understand they are the hands and feet of Christ or not. He is good and He deserves our praise.
So this is my new habit I want to develop in 2010. I feel certain the benefits of this habit will sow much more in my life than any new diet I can try. This is my memory verse for the 15th of January.
I challenge you to "glorify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together."

No comments:

Post a Comment