Friday, December 31, 2021

December 31, 2021

 December 31 2021. How can that date even be right? I catch myself wondering so often "where does the time go?", yet all my wondering doesn't seem to slow it down.  I haven't written anything in so long. My husband asks me often why I don't and encourages me to continue, as did one of my sons the other day.  I had no answer as to why I stopped so I thought I might give it a go again.  

No one blogs anymore so I feel this is really just a journaling outlet for me if nothing else to leave to my people.  So much is different in my life now than when I started. We have been empty nesters for over a year. We have SEVEN grands that are the apple of our eye.  Both of my precious in-loves have gone to their eternal home, I retired from public school teaching and now teach at a private classical school, our baby girl got married, and time just keeps marching on and on. 

I have been having some weighty conversations with my man about the seasons of life. The Bible talks about seasons often.  As this 2021 comes to a close I am most thankful for the relatively "good" season our family has experienced in the last couple of years.  All healthy, prosperous, busy, no major setbacks or hiccups.  However, I am feeling the weighty reminder that life can turn, careen if you will, in an instant. So while I am thankful for the season we are in, I know all of life is cyclical and there are always storms to weather.  As I reflect back on this last day of the year and contemplate what is known, I must also look forward to the blank slate of 2022 having no earthly idea what it holds. Yet, I do know Who holds it. Who holds me, holds us. For that I am most humbled and grateful.  Life is ever changing, but my Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I have lots of thoughts swirling in my head for the new year. Hopes. Fears. Desires. I think I may be visiting this old blog and source of comfort this new year to document all these things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment