Our sweet baby boy Josh is getting married tomorrow!!!!! Indulge me if you will.
Can you believe the time is upon us? I know no one is more ready than you. You do not like all this froo-froo stuff at all nor do you like the attention. You have been that way forever. Your two sisters make up for your lack of desire in that area!! We just want to love on you a lot this weekend. Indulge us! One of the most precious gifts God has ever given me is bringing your dad, your brother and sister into my life 22 years ago (doesn't seem possible), and then to add your baby sister to the mix just made it all the more sweet. What a joy for you to be married on this Mother's day weekend. I never knew being a mother could bring me such fulfillment. From that first morning as a new family when your precious little voice woke me up announcing your need for breakfast, I have been smitten with taking care of all of you. Watching you grow into the man you are today has been an honor. Not always the best of times, but certainly growing times and necessary times and times that God never let us out from under His wing. What a lesson in faith being a parent is!
It feels as though this has been a long time coming but happened so quickly all at the same time. You have made us so proud and I am so happy for you to marry precious Christine tomorrow night. Know that we will love her as we do you. We already do!!! She is a gift to you of monumental importance. Vow to always know that and treat her that way. I hope you won't mind if I give you some parental advice one more time before the big day (okay I know and you know it won't be the last time, but we can pretend right :) ). A few things your dad and I have learned in our marriage;
1. Keep God at the center- ALWAYS. You will let each other down, it is just part of our fleshly imperfections, but God will never let you down.
2. Take very seriously your role as leader of your home. God ordained it and Christine and my future grandbabies will depend on it.
3. Love deeply, forgive much, and laugh your heads off. Be each other's best friend and work hard to keep it that way. Forever is a long time.
4. Choose each day to trust God for everything, and thank Him everyday for His provision.
5. I read something yesterday that I can't get out of my mind because it so true: "Life is hard, the devil is mean, the flesh is weak, but the love of God stays strong." His love never fails.
6. Don't go to bed angry. Not worth it. Throw pride away. Suck it up and get over it. (I know that is your love language to be straight and direct :)
7. You are each other's priority now. The bible says leave your father and mother and cleave to one another. It also says visit your parents OFTEN. I can't quote the scriptural address but will get back to you on it!
We love you both so very much and are beyond delighted to share in your celebration this weekend. Enjoy it all Josh, soak it in and thank God profusely for His blessing. I know I will. I love you to the sky and back Boog!
1 Corinthians 13:4-13
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.