Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Far Behind

Well, I haven't blogged in what seems like forever. I am traveling everyday for our big project we have going on and I don't seem to have much time to do what I want to!!! A little late in posting but here is my June 15 SSMT:

Nehemiah 8:10b
"This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Many times I remind myself of where my true strength comes from. There is much I want to blog about but it will have to wait until I have more time to assemble my thoughts into something coherent. As you can see, I am reading a new book- All Over but the Shoutin'. Rick Bragg is a Southern author and journalist  that I have grown fond of reading. This is his personal memoir and tribute to his mother. It is a beautifully written and extremely poignant account of his life growing up in the rural south. One of the reasons I like it is I am always telling my students that to truly grow up and move forward in life you have to look back and examine where you came from. My seniors always think that real life is awaiting them far beyond the confines of what they have known as home. But what they always find out and sometimes even come back and tell me is how important their roots are and how much more home meant to them when they had to leave it. I love epiphanies!
Hope you have a blessed week!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment