Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heat. Hair. Hormones.

It is so hot. I am hot. My air conditioner has not stopped running in three months. I will have to take out a small loan to keep paying my electric bill. Really, could it be any hotter? If I sound whiney it is because I am. Did I mention it is hot?
We started school last week and my classroom is on the second floor. Someone thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm before 8 am today so we all had to exit. To the outdoors. Where it was sweltering. Before 8 am. My hair swelled so large you could not put a bushel basket over it. I know this because I yelled at my students that were not doing their First Five activity and their response was, "Um, we can't see the board." Me - Are you trying to tell me I am wide?
Student - Uh, you're not but your hair is.
I hope I find the kid that pulled the fire alarm. They will pay for ruining my coif and costing me instructional minutes.
I picked up baby girl from Cross Country practice today and she burst into tears. I thought someone had done something to her and I was going to have to turn around and  hurt them. "What is wrong?" I yelled. "I just don't feel good" she responded. Heat. Hormones. Early schedule. First full week of high school. She has been sound asleep since 4:30.
My mama says extremes follow extremes. If that is true I better start shopping for a parka.  I can't wait!
Random post brought on by heat exhaustion. Hope everyone has a good Friday and a great weekend. I will be trying to tame this mane.
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical! Sounds like y'all had quite a week. I'd have to kill the kid with the fire alarm...or assign him/her enough homework to suffocate any future desires to pull any said alarm in the future. Be glad your hair gets big in humidity...it's better than flat. Or at least I think so. We always want what we can't have. But I hope we both get to buy that parka ;-p.

    Maurya

    ReplyDelete