Sunday, May 3, 2009

Memory Verse #9

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. 1 Peter 1:8 NIV

I just received an email from a childhood friend who informed me that her father has been diagnosed with cancer and given about two months left. As I looked at my verse for this time I am reminded of a few things:
1. Even when what we can see on this side of heaven is bad news, thank you Jesus it is not the end for those who have placed their faith with you and accepted you as savior.
2. We can have peace in the midst of trials. Oh, for my faith to be one that is refined through my trials and gives God the glory.
3. The older I get the more and more I know in my gut that this world is not the best it is ever going to get.
4. I am also reminded of childhood friends, memories, and how nothing can probably make you more vulnerable than the thought of your earthly parents not being here any more. My heart aches for my friend. I am so unbelievably blessed by the Lord that I have four parents who nurtured and loved me. I can't even fathom my life without them but I know the time will come when we will have to say our earthly good-byes. Thank you Jesus they will all be in heaven.
5. Finally I am reminded that God is in charge of time. After all, He created it.
6. Lastly, our time on this earth is short. Love passionately and forgive easily. Our savior set that example for us. Shouldn't we follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment